Prompt call time! Give me your prompts, and I’ll take every last one and work it into a short story. This time, the theme is DESERT! Anything goes: ideas, words, pictures, poetry, music, whatever you can throw at me. You don’t have to follow the theme, it’s just a nudge to get your brain juices flowing. Otherwise, the general rules apply:
- You can prompt at any point in time, on any social media where I lurk (like on these posts on Insta, Twitter, and Tumblr), but if it might get worked into the next story if it’s later.
- You can give me as many prompts as you like—just pretty please keep it within reason.
- Keep prompts PG-13, and nothing offensive.
- By giving me prompts, you’re giving me the honor to do whatever I’d like with them in/with my stories as my content. Prompts themselves remains to whoever owns them.
For more info, stories, and custom stories, check out the project page. And if you want to support this project, consider giving me a coffee on Ko-Fi?
Now, hit me with those prompts! And look forward to the story written with last week’s prompts going live tomorrow!!!
As always, the amazing background art was done by Blue!
You guys gave me the WEIRDEST array of prompts for the first open story, what even. XD I had a blast writing it, though, so hopefully you enjoyed reading it! And those dragon prompts—everyone knows me too well, I’ve become predictable. Also remember that I’m still taking prompts for the next story, and the prompt theme is SUMMER! (You can check out this post for more info, but feel free to prompt here.) Anyhow, here’s all the prompts!:
- My prompt is a colony of space dragons – Louise
- A dragon-powered spaceship – Moo
- A space mermaid @alliepennauthor
- Hot dog constellation @idkmanthatgirl
- Cat planet @idkmanthatgirl
- Lesbians @rosieethor
- Space eggs!!! @sarah_ahiers
- Space balls! @sdeoul
- Space food for vegans – @msletran
- Space dragons @everqueen12
- VY Canis Majoris, but sentient (hhhhhhh she’s just… I’m a big, big fan). @telari
- Giant space leeches? Giant space leeches. @telari
- A habitable bundle of dead giant space leeches. @telari
If you prefer a different medium, this story’s also up on Instagram and Tumblr (and there’s a Tweet for this post)! You can also find out more about the project, past stories, and how to get your own custom stories on this page. And if you’re enjoying the project and want to support it, consider dropping me a Ko-Fi?
See you guys in two weeks for the next story!
So I did an ask meme on Tumblr last week where people could send me prompts, and I would write a story from them. I made a graphic version of the one I wrote for “Neon lights at 1:30am,” because I like procrastinating. Anyway, it’s been a hot minute since I posted here, so I thought maybe some peeps might be interested. :)
Read More »