This story certainly turned out… interesting. A taste of how weird the stories used to get, back in the days of the first prompt project, I suppose! Anyhow, remember that I’m still taking prompts for the next story, and the prompt theme is DESSERT! (You can check out this post for more info, but feel free to prompt here.) Anyhow, here’s all the prompts!:
- Vulture – @sarah_ahiers
- Cold | Nocturnal | Alive – @totally-anntastic
- Dry skin reminds me of the desert, void of moisture, parched and dusty, cracked like the packed dirt ground. – @catonthekeyboard
- Quicksand, but it’s alive—once they’re suffocated in the sand it draws the moisture out of their body to feed, or just disintegrates them. Maybe a mimic? | Bats that sleep buried in the sand during the day and come out at night. — @byrdeblue
- Mineral harvest fields (like e.g. salt patches). | Antlion larvae… but gigantic ones. | Sand castles. – @Telari
- Mirages | Coyotes | Flash floods – @eveningrelics
- A talking cactus – @alliepennauthor
If you prefer a different medium, this story’s also up on Instagram and Tumblr (and there’s a Tweet for this post)! You can also find out more about the project, past stories, and how to get your own custom stories on this page. And if you’re enjoying the project and want to support it, consider dropping me a Ko-Fi?
See you guys in two weeks for the next story!